Garmin GPSMAP 742xs-GMR 18 xHD Radar Bundle [010-01738-03GMR]
GPSMAP® 742xs/GMR 18 xHD Radar Bundle
7-inch Touchscreen Chartplotter/Sonar Combo
- 7-inch high-resolution intuitive touchscreen controls
- NMEA 2000® and NMEA 0183 support for network connectivity, including autopilots, digital switching, weather, FUSION-Link, VHF, AIS and more
- Garmin Marine Network support for sharing sonar, including Panoptix™ sonar, maps, user data, radar and IP cameras among multiple units
- Preloaded with both BlueChart® g3 U.S. coastal and LakeVü HD maps featuring Navionics® data and Auto Guidance¹ technology
- Experience an advanced navigation solution with this compact 7-inch GPSMAP 742xs touchscreen combo. Includes wireless connectivity features for Garmin mobile apps, NMEA 2000 support and Garmin Marine Network capabilities for radar and Panoptix all-seeing sonar, including Panoptix FrontVü collision avoidance sonar. It also has built-in Garmin CHIRP and CHIRP ClearVü sonar (transducer sold separately).
Garmin Marine Network and NMEA 2000 Support
Full-network compatibility allows you to add more capabilities to your boat. Garmin Marine Network support allows sharing of sonar, including Panoptix sonar, maps, user data, Garmin radar and IP cameras among multiple units. Plus, there’s NMEA 2000 and NMEA 0183 support for connectivity, including autopilots, digital switching, weather, FUSION-Link, VHF, AIS and other sensors.
Built-in ANT® Connectivity
Enjoy built-in ANT wireless connectivity directly to quatix® marine watch, Garmin Nautix™ in-view display, gWind™ Wireless 2 transducer, GNX™ Wind marine instrument and wireless remote controls.
The Ultimate Connected Boating App
Built in Wi-Fi gives you access to the free all-in-one ActiveCaptain™ app, so you can manage your marine experience from nearly anywhere. It creates a simple yet powerful connection between your compatible mobile device and your Garmin chartplotter, charts, maps and the boating community. Wherever you are, you’ll have unlimited access to your cartography, the ability to purchase new maps and charts and access to the Garmin Quickdraw™ Contours Community. Stay connected with smart notifications on your chartplotter screen. You can also plan a trip or prefish a lake, and ActiveCaptain will automatically sync with your chartplotter. Even get notifications for software updates, and decide when to download them on your device.
Built-in Sonar Capabilities
Right out of the box, you have access to some amazing sonar capabilities; all you add are transducers. Comes with built-in Garmin 1 kW CHIRP sonar and CHIRP ClearVü scanning sonar. It even supports Panoptix all-seeing sonar, premium Garmin sonar modules and a wide range of transducers (sold separately).
Networked combos can share their internal sonar with any other device on the network. You can also choose what information is overlaid on the sonar screen, for example, radar, time of day or GPS speed.
Heading and Position Refreshed 10 Times per Second
Fast, responsive built-in 10 Hz GPS and GLONASS receiver refreshes your position and heading 10 times each second to make your movement on the screen more fluid. It makes dropping up to 5,000 accurate waypoints — and finding your way back to them — quick and easy.
Preloaded with Exceptional Garmin Cartography
LakeVü g3 inland maps and BlueChart® g3 coastal charts provide industry-leading coverage, clarity and detail with integrated Garmin and Navionics® data and Auto Guidance1 technology. LakeVü g3 and BlueChart g3 include Auto Guidance1, which uses your desired depth and overhead clearance to calculate routes and provide a suggested path to follow. LakeVü g3 provides coverage on more than 17,000 lakes with up to 1’ contours. BlueChart g3 also includes NOAA raster cartography, available as a free downloadable feature via the ActiveCaptain® app. Additionally, they both offer easy-to-use features such as Depth Range Shading and Shallow Water Shading, which let you view your target depth to avoid running aground.
Upgrade to Our Best Maps on the Water
Accessory map purchases, such as LakeVü g3 Ultra or BlueChart® g3 Vision, add even more features and detail to your maps and charts. LakeVü g3 Ultra and BlueChart g3 Vision add high-resolution relief shading, which provides an easy-to-interpret, clearer view of bottom structure than contour lines alone — plus many other chart and map-enhancing features.
Quickdraw Contours to Create Your Own HD Maps
Instantly create personalized HD fishing maps onscreen with 1-foot contours. Tailor them to fit your needs. These are your maps — you own them. Keep the data to yourself, or share it with the Quickdraw Community on Garmin Connect™.
Built-in SailAssist Features
To help you gain a wind-maximizing competitive edge, your chartplotter features a pre-race guidance page that shows your virtual starting line along with data fields showing laylines, time to burn before the start and a race timer that can be synchronized across all your networked Garmin GPS products. In addition, other supported sailing features include an enhanced wind rose, heading and course-over-ground lines, set and drift, true and apparent wind data and more.
GPX Waypoints Transfer
If you have waypoints, tracks or frequently used routes stored on another manufacturer’s GPS product — or on a Garmin handheld device — it’s easy to transfer those items to your new Garmin chartplotter via industry-standard GPX software formatting.
GMR 18 xHD
Garmin's next-generation, 4kW high-definition GMR 18 xHD dome radar with intuitive advanced open-array features is very easy to use. Intuitive operation makes modes and settings simple to understand so you can enjoy great performance without a lot of technical know-how. Delivers higher resolution than our previous generation 18" dome radars. Dynamic Auto Gain and Dynamic Sea Filter continually adjust to your surroundings providing optimal performance in varying conditions. Choose from multiple levels of aggressiveness or use manual gain adjustment. Dual range operation allows split-screen display of far and close radar views in full 8-bit color. Range of 48 nautical miles.
- 4kW high-definition 18" dome radar
- Step up to xHD performance in a radome
- Dynamic new shape allows for a larger antenna to occupy the same footprint
- No complex user settings, easy to install and start using
- Dynamic Auto Gain and Dynamic Sea Filter continually adjust to your surroundings to provide optimal performance in varying conditions
- Harbor/Offshore and Calm/Medium/Rough user selections allow the user to vary the aggressiveness of the Dynamic Auto features
- 8-bit true color display (on select chartplotter models)
- Dual range operation allows split screen display for far and close radar views
- 48 RPM max speed with auto adjustment based on range
- Maximum range of 48 nautical miles
In The Box:
GPSMAP 742xs chartplotter
- Power cable
- Bail mount kit with knobs
- Flush mount kit with gasket
- Protective cover
- Trim piece snap covers
GMR 18 xHD radome
- GMR 18 xHD
- Mounting hardware kit
- Power cable (15 m/49.21 ft)
- Network cable (15 m/49.21 ft)
- Installation instructions
- Mounting template
- Grommet for marine cable
- Garmin Marine Network™ Ports: 1
- Transducer Ports: 1 (8 Pin)
- NMEA 2000® Port: 1
- NMEA 0183 Input Ports: 1 (Differential)
- NMEA 0183 Output Ports: 1 (Differential)
- Video Input Ports: 1 BNC
- Video Output Ports: No
- Wireless Connectivity: Yes
1Auto Guidance is for planning purposes only and does not replace safe navigation operations.
iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Cartography Brand: Garmin
- Included Transducer: Not Included
- Screen Size: 7'
- Touchscreen: Yes
- Transducer Included: No
- Box Dimensions: 10"H x 8"W x 14"L WT: 35.8 lbs